Thursday 15 March 2012

Week 15, Day 106 - Tiling started

Things are certainly taking shape now, with the house looking like a house both inside and out.

I met with the tiler this morning to confirm how the tiles will be laid.  He was really lovely, and offered some advice on how the way it's laid can change the look of a room.   Most importantly, he was on the same wave length as Scott and I with not having off-centred tiles - we seem to see quite a bit in houses we visit.  We made a visit to National Tiles on the weekend, and managed to grab a couple of boxes of our floor and wall tiles as a just-in-case, which also just happened to be on sale!  Nice one :)  Still makes me sick though when I think of the 'upgrade' charge that is passed on to us PD customers.  Our tiles were a $90mt2 upgrade, which is about three times the cost of the tiles at full price!!!

I did a quick race around the house while I was there this morning, taking a few shots of new things that I'd noticed.  There are about a thousand photos of the kitchen, which I am loving more and more, especially that island bench!!!

The heater vents and electrical has been done now, hence the funny china-man's hats scattered across the ceiling!

Laundry - floor tiles down


Rangehood is in 


Looking towards front door
LOVE my island bench <3 
Dining area

Looking from activity room towards bathroom and bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment